Registered Charity No: 1046854 (England & Wales), SC037596 (Scotland).
Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation research funding gives hope for a world without lung cancer. One in three of our research projects are funded thanks to gifts in Wills and our work can only continue if supporters remember us at this important time.
We are the UK's only dedicated lung cancer charity and we fund a number of research projects, throughout the country, into early detection of the disease. We do this because:
• Lung cancer is the biggest cancer killer in the UK
• It kills almost 35,000 people each year, that's one person every 15 minutes
• Lung cancer accounts for as many deaths as breast cancer, bowel cancer and leukaemia
• Most lung cancer patients are diagnosed when effective treatment is no longer possible
• Half of all people with lung cancer die within six months of diagnosis and only 8% will live longer
than 5 years
• Only 7% of cancer research funding goes towards lung cancer
The statistics are shocking but Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation provides help and hope. We are a small charity making a big impact and we continue in the fight against lung cancer even when others have abandoned hope. Research into early detection saves lives, but we can only do this with your help.
Please remember us in your Will.
No matter how small, your gift will make a difference.
Thank you in advance.